An Exclusive Sneak Peak of the Program for ComCap19!
- Community Capital Trends: What’s happening in the field now and where is it headed?
- The State of Community Capital in Michigan: How Michigan is leading the country in community capital policy and what’s happening on the ground.
- Community Capital 101: What is community capital and why does it matter?
- Models and Opportunities for Shared Prosperity: What does community capital look like in practice?
- Starting Conversations About Community Capital: How to introduce the concept of community capital and start conversations about it in your community.
- Raising Capital with Investment Crowdfunding: Overview of state and federal frameworks to raise money using investment crowdfunding and stories from those who have done so successfully.
- Community Engagement in Opportunity Zones: Recommendations, best practices, and deal structures that include community engagement and input in Opportunity Zone projects.
- Community Capital in Communities of Color: Exploring the benefits and challenges of implementing community capital in diverse communities.
- Democratic Governance of Capital: How community investment funds can not only source but also manage capital with the input of their constituents.
- Lessons Learned from the Front Lines: Stories and case studies of successes and failures in community capital.
- Cross-Sector Partnerships for Collaborative Economic Development: How private investors, government, corporations, and the community can work collaboratively to structure and finance projects.
- Using Community Capital to Finance Real Estate Projects: Case studies of how community capital finance has been used for real estate.
- Community-Based Food Finance Strategies: Case studies of innovative deal structures that have been used to finance food businesses in communities across the country.
- Is Community Capital Political: Exploring how community capital fits into our current political discourse.
- Community Power: Using Community Capital to Create Local Green Energy Economies
- Troubleshooting Community Capital: What is Needed to Advance Movement?
- Ownership Structures for a Regenerative Economy: How ownership and corporate structure can reinforce mission.
- Restorative Economics: Can Capital Help Heal Communities?
- Impact Measurement in Community Capital: Metrics and data needed to advance the field.
- Financing Cooperative Businesses: Models that can be used to finance cooperative businesses.
Speakers and final session descriptions will be added to the conference website in the coming weeks. Stay tuned!